Structure and Remit of the Governing Body and Committees
The role of the governing body is strategic. The Department for Education’s Governance Handbook identifies three core functions for governing bodies:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Members of the governing body are appointed based on their skills in order to contribute to effective governance and the success of the school.
To contact any member of your Governing Body, please contact the school on the main school number in the first instance.
You can view the members of the Governing Body here.
Parent Governors are elected from within the parent body of the school when there is a vacancy. Any vacancies will be advertised on the school website.
Governing Body Downloads:
Terms of Reference:
- Terms of Reference Governing Body 2021-2022
- Terms of Reference Curriculum Committee 2021-2022
- Terms of Reference Finance Committee 2021-2022
- Terms of Reference Building Committee 2021-2022
- Terms of Reference Pay Committee 2021-2022