Martenscroft Early Years Teaching School
Early Years Teaching School as part of Teach Manchester
Following the success of our work as an Early Years Teaching Centre Martenscroft Nursery School and Children’s Centre was designated as a National Teaching School and Support School in February 2015.
This status is part of the government initiative to give outstanding schools a leading role in further driving forward the quality of teaching and learning.
Teach Manchester is a cross phase alliance of teaching schools in Manchester. Originally supported by the Manchester Schools’ Alliance to develop, it is now Teach Manchester Teaching School Alliance with teaching schools from Early Years to Sixth Form.
We want to ensure that the journey from early years to primary, primary to secondary and beyond is a positive one with child centred learning at its heart, creating confident, resilient learners. We want our work to use the best practice models and latest research to improve classroom practice .
We use expertise in subject knowledge and place learning at the centre of everything where no child falls behind. Through sharing practice, professional development , rigorous evaluation and planning, we will work in collaboration to achieve this vision.
Our aims with a focus on Early Years…
We work together to support early years practitioners and leaders at all levels to;
- Recognise and implement quality improvements with the aim to improve provision, access and parity for families across Manchester
- Improve children's achievement in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Diminish the difference between disadvantaged children and their peers
- Improve pedagogy and effective practice
- Develop parental involvement in children's learning
- Help improve Ofsted inspection judgements in the EYFS
Our Headteacher is a National Leader of Education supported by a dedicated team including the Deputy Headteacher who is a Specialist Leader of Education and takes a lead role in developing our teaching school offer.